- Sep. 28, 2023 The Adoption of “NSCarbolex Neutral” steel product for geothermal project in the Netherlands operated by 85 Degrees Renewables.
- Mar. 11, 2022 Nippon Steel's TranTixxii and NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation's NSSC220M featured on the roof of an international conference center in Jiangsu, China
- April 22, 2021 Nippon Steel to Launch ZAM®-EX high corrosion resistant coated steel sheets for overseas markets
- Oct. 01, 2020 Our new product "FeLuceTM" (hairline-finished electroplated steel sheet) wins the Good Design Award 2020 ～Our first steel sheet to win the Good Design Award～
- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Characteristics by Category
Oil and gas drillingThe NIPPON STEEL brand of OCTG-Oil Country Tubular Goods ＆ Line Pipe is world class.
Offshore structuresSteel pipes continuously supporting offshore digging equipment for a long period with high quality and reliability.
Piping and pipe linesSteel pipes for piping made by NIPPON STEEL supporting development of urban areas and expansion of industries.
Steel pipes are used for a wide range of applications including line pipes for petroleum and gas and piping for plants, and play major roles in the development of urban areas and expansion of industries.
NIPPON STEEL is manufacturing steel pipes for various kinds of highly reliable piping under integrated management from raw materials to products by excellent technologies and various kinds of advanced, highly efficient pipe manufacturing equipment.
Electric and power plantsSpecialty tubes and pipes are extensively used in thermal power plants worldwide, leading to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
It is essential that thermal power plants are efficiently operated with tight control of CO2 emissions. For that purpose, these plants require the tubes and pipes that are durable in the severe condition with high temperature and pressure. NIPPON STEEL specialty tubes and pipes contribute not only to the stable operation of thermal power plants, but also to the prevention of global warming by supplying reliable and quality products manufactured under extremely tight quality control.
Petrochemical and other plantsNIPPON STEEL stainless steel and Ni alloy steel pipes can handle harsh environments
NIPPON STEEL's stainless steel and Ni alloy steel tubes and pipes have outstanding properties in terms of corrosion resistance, heat resistance and low temperature characteristics, and they have long been used as materials to handle harsh environments in energy fields such as petroleum refining and petrochemistry.
Going forward, we will work to develop the original only-one of steel to meet cutting edge needs in increasingly harsh use environments, and advance technological innovation even further.
Construction and facilitiesSteel pipe for construction and facilities, to help support safety and security, and contribute to the development of cities and industry
Due to the rising social need for safety assurance, cost effectiveness and aesthetics in recent years, many new characteristics have become necessary for steel pipes in fields such as civil engineering and construction. These include: earthquake resistance, high strength, high corrosion resistance, and good aesthetics.
Our rich history in developing steel pipes through advanced technology and research will surely customers needs.
AutomotiveHigh-strength steel tube, together with proposals of optimum processing technology, supports the safety of automobiles.
Construction equipment and industrial machinerySteel tube for highly functional, high quality machine structures made by integrated quality control from the material stage to tube manufacturing.
We manufacture steel tube for machine structures, suitable for construction equipment and industrial machinery applications. Through integrated quality management from the materials stage, we provide highly functional, high quality products to suit the needs of customers world wide.
These products are widely used in a variety of applications such as crane boom hydraulic cylinders, crawler bushes, and structural members for civil engineering and construction.
ShipsNIPPON STEEL steel pipes for ships, to support the great shipbuilding nation of Japan
The Japanese shipbuilding industry boasts the highest quality in the world. NIPPON STEEL supports Japanese shipbuilding by providing various types of high quality steel pipes, from small to large bore. MARILOY® steel pipe, one of our unique products, is used for cargo oil pipes and ballast pipes in tankers and other ships, and it saves steps and reduces costs by eliminating painting. We will continue to contribute to Japanese manufacturing by precisely responding to the needs of a variety of customers.