Corporate Philosophy and Code of Conduct
The NIPPON STEEL Corporation Group, having adopted its Corporate Philosophy and Code of Conduct, is determined to fulfill its social responsibility by raising corporate value through appropriate practices and contributing to development of society. As an infrastructure to realize this important objective, we strive to strengthen our corporate governance structure and internal control. In so doing we are working at establishing a system to engage in “CSR that is proper to NIPPON STEEL Corporation.”
Our ValuesNIPPON STEEL Corporation Group will pursue world-leading technologies and manufacturing capabilities, and contribute to society by providing excellent products and services.
- We continue to emphasize the importance of integrity and reliability in our actions.
- We provide products and services that benefit society, and grow in partnership with our customers.
- We pursue world-leading technologies and manufacturing capabilities.
- We continually anticipate and address future changes, innovate from within, and pursue unending progress.
- We develop and bring out the best in our people to make our Group rich with energy and enthusiasm.
Code of ConductNIPPON STEEL Corporation Group aspires to fulfill its social responsibility by implementing the following nine principles set in this Code of Conduct, which is based on the “Charter of Corporate Behavior” and “Implementation Guidance on Charter of Corporate Behavior” of Nippon Keidanren (Japan Business Federation).
- Act with a strong sense of ethical values and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop and provide socially beneficial, good-quality and safe products and services, thereby earning the satisfaction and trust of our customers.
- Engage in fair and free competition and proper business practices, and maintain a sound and proper relationship with political bodies and government agencies.
- Actively engage with the public, disclosing corporate information in a fair and proactive manner, while carefully protecting and managing personal data and other types of information.
- Create a healthy, safe and comfortable work environment, and respect the character and diversity of our employees.
- Actively contribute, as a member of society, to global environmental preservation and to local communities and society.
- Reject any relations with antisocial forces and organizations, and take a firm stance against all improper demands.
- Comply with laws and regulations of relevant countries and regions, and respect international norms, cultures and customs in conducting our business operations.
- Abide by this Code of Conduct and set up an effective mechanism to implement it. If a violation of this Code occurs, act promptly to determine the cause and prevent similar violations in the future, and make appropriate public disclosure.